When we do Reseller Migration: The client is a reseller for Shared Hosting Services partnered with another Hosting provider Like GoDaddy, BigRocks, etc. Now reseller client wants to move from his/her current Hosting Provider to ResellBox i.e. to us.
Now here client must have to share the credentials of the current WHM/cPanel and credentials of his Domain control Panel. So that we can make a backup of current accounts and restore them in a new panel.
Making List Of Accounts to Migrate
As the Client has shared the WHM/cPanel Details with us, first get in touch with Reseller Client and get confirmation that all the accounts present in WHM/cPanel are active accounts.
- Login to Clients current WHM/cPanel
- Search “List Accounts” in the search field
- Scroll till End of Page and Click on “ Download all records to a CSV file” to save it in Sheet.
- Here now We will get a List of All the Accounts.
- Make additional 2 Columns with Name “NameServers” & “MX Records”.
- https://www.whatsmydns.net/ Here we can find the above records by putting Domain.
Reseller Account(Main Account)
Here we need to add the client's account in our main Shared Hosting Panel i.e. WHM/cPanel. So that we can assign him Reseller's Privileges and If required Dedicated IP.
Let's Get Started Migrating
- Login to Clients Current cPanel Account
- Click on Backup, to create a backup of the account.
- Click on Download a Full Account Backup
- Add email ID to get a notification when backup completely created. And Click on Generate Backup
- You will get a notification once the backup is generated. From the same location, you need to download .tar.gz file.
Adding Account to our WHM/cPanel
- Login to our WHM/cPanel i.e (srv04apeironglobal.com:2087)
- Search for Transfer in the search bar and select Transfer or Restore a cPanel Account.
- You can upload the .tar.gz file into the home folder of our WHM panel. Here we will Upload it from Backup Server(any) and restore the Account.
- In Transfer, Options select Upload a File to Restore and Upload the file From Backup Server Machines.
- Do not assign Dedicated IP while restoring the account.
- Click the Restore Button, so that the restoration process gets started.
Assigning Dedicated IP
In the Previous Section, We successfully restored the Client's Main Account(Reseller Account) into our WHM/cPanel i.e. srv04.apeironglobal.co:2087.
Now If Reseller Client wants a Dedicated IP so we need to assign separate IP for his/her service.
- Login to srv04.apeironglobal.co:2087 WHM/cPanel.
- Search in Search Box Change IP then click on Change Site's IP Address.
- Now Search for the Domain Which we restored in the Previous Section and select the domain.
- Here You will get the Current IP and details of the Service
- Now click on the Change button you will get a list of Free and assigned both IPs
- Cross-check twice that the IP we are going to assign should not be assigned to any other clients.
- Select an IP and click Change Button.
- It will make changes and assign new Dedicated IP for the Service.
- Meanwhile, we will register a new Name Servers record i.e. NS records so that the Reseller will look completely white labeled.